Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mother's Day Out

As I mentioned in the last post, we have been working on "socializing"  little Brooks.  He is a sweet, wonderful, precious little boy.  But he is all boy!  From sun up to sun down, that child is in go mode.  He is also, without a doubt, an only child.  And we are a little concerned about how he is going to handle the transition to not being an only child.  So we have been trying to get him around other kids...and most importantly, working on sharing!  Me, I'm a little more clingy.  But Dave has been really pushing for me to start him in some kind of Mother's Day Out program so that he can be around other kids his age on a consistent basis and so that I can have a little time to myself. 

So I have been feeling out some of the programs in the area, but have not been ready to take the leap yet.  Then, on Superbowl Sunday, we were visiting with our friend, Amanda, and she suggested that we look into the one that her little boy had gone to in town.  So I called on it today...and I am super excited to say that Brooks will be starting one morning a week (maybe more later, but like I said, I'm a little clingy).  Here's the absolute best part!!!!  Not only will Brooks get to go play with friends, but I will be able to go to the grocery store ALL BY MYSELF (well, for a few more weeks...until Presley joins us).  And for all of this, they only charge $6 for a 1/2 day.  That's right!  $6.  With my staying home, we try to pinch pennies whereever we can.  And honestly, I just have not been able to justify spending money on Mother's Day Out.  UNTIL NOW!  Heck, I'm already thinking we might end up at 2 mornings a week. 

So stay tuned for pictures of Brooks' first day of "school"!!!!!! 

No comments: