Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Presley Elizabeth

Dave finally caved! Other than me accidentally telling a stranger at church (which doesn't count), Dave was the first one to cave and tell Presley's middle name to family and friends. But I am so glad he did, because I have been so ready to share!

Here are the many reasons we chose her beautiful name.

*My Gammy was everything to me! I loved her dearly, we were very close, and I always have wanted to name my daughter after her. She passed away in 1999, but made a huge impression on who I am today. Her name was Betty.  Since Betty is a form of Elizabeth, we thought it would be perfect.

*Dave's dad's mom was Betty Jean...also an amazing woman! She passed away last year.

*Dave's mom's mom was Fern Elizabeth. She had 17 beautiful children! She passed away when Dave's mom was little.

*My beautiful sister in law is named Elizabeth Lea (Beth). It has been a family name in her family for years and years. Beth was blessed with 3 amazing little boys, but no little girls. Since she will never be able to use the name, I told her we would love to honor her by using it for her. She is such a
strong, amazing woman and friend, and I am thrilled to name my daughter after her.

*And lastly, her initals are PEA....and Dave says he will call her his little "Sweet Pea". He is an amazing father to our little boy. And I cannot wait to see his love for this little angel.
Just a few more weeks!!!

No comments: