I cannot believe we have only been married 4 years! It feels like I have known and loved David forever. This year our anniversary was so sweet and precious. And since this blog is kind of my diary (just one that everyone sees), I wanted to remember it! So please pardon the mushiness.
Dave thinks he's not romantic. And I suppose on a day to day basis, he's not. But when he wants to be...he takes the cake!!! So he lined up several little surprises throughout the day to make me smile. And I did smile, all day! Several cards, bringing me beautiful flowers, and a foot rub at the end of the day (every pregnant girl loves a foot rub, right?). But my little lunch surprise was the absolute highlight of my day.
He was supposed to have a late training after work, so we knew we would not be able to have dinner together on our anniversary. So he said he wanted to take me to lunch instead but he didn't say where. He just told me to be ready at 11:45. I had Brooks loaded up in my van and was ready to go when he pulled up. Then he moved Brooks over to his car, which made me a little curious. We almost always take my van when we go anywhere as a family. So off we go...and he pulls into one of the parking lots at the college. Well up walks our friend, Amanda, who Dave had arranged to take Brooks to the park and McDonalds so we could have a nice, quiet lunch. I was so impressed that he had thought ahead. So off we go! And I thought for sure I knew where he was taking me, to The Pecan Porch, a favorite little lunch spot that I just adore! But instead of turning at our usual turn, he kept going, until he pulled into this quaint little tea/lunch room called The Pink Room. He said he had done a little online research about somewhere fun to take me, which I just love!!! I did warn him that he would probably be the only male in the place, and that he might have to turn in his "man card" if any of his friends found out, but he said he didn't care! So we had an absolutely lovely little lunch in a bright pink room, surrounded by mostly women. And both of us loved every minute of it. The lunch was fabulous and we will defintely be going back for their taco soup and chicken salad sandwich. And of course, we split some baked fudge for dessert. Okay okay, Dave had 2 bites...and I ate the rest...but that's the same thing, right? I'm still eating for 2 at this point.
So then we went and picked up our happy and exhausted little boy and went home. He told me to go inside and that he would get Brooks in. By the time I unlocked the door and walked in, I turned around to see my sweet little boy looking up at me with a huge smile, holding a beautifully wrapped box that he was handing to me.
A little back story: When Dave and I got married, my dad (who is not usually a mushy person) got me a Willow Tree Angel that looks like Dave and I dancing. Then, when I was pregnant, he got me one that looked like a pregnant Molly. Then for my first Mother's Day, David got me one of us looking at our beautiful baby boy together. And then, I got him one that looks like him and Brooks. I've never really been a collector, but I cherish these so much...because of their story. Looking at each one, reminds me of exactly what that stage of our lives together felt like. Well now, as we prepare for a new little girl, I get emotional about Brooks not being my little baby anymore...and how fast he is growing.
So looking up at me are those beautiful blue Brooks eyes. And he hands me a present, which I quickly unwrap. It is another Willow Tree Angel, one of a mommy holding her sweet little toddler boy. And of course, I broke down in tears. Dave said that as soon as he saw it, he knew it was the one! I love love love it! I was so excited to add it to my cherished collection.
It truly was a perfect day!
No comments:
Post a Comment