We got up early this morning at about 8:15am. I'm really glad we managed to do that, because the beach sure is amazing in the morning when there are not any boats making any waves. We sat around, drank coffee, ate cinnamon rolls, and watched a really old episode of Saved By The Bell (one of the best shows ever). I was thrilled (and I am being sarcastic) to know that ESPN also is available in Aruba. By 10:00 we were out the door and taking a cab to the California Lighthouse. The cab driver was quite an interesting fellow, although Dave's description of him is not so kind. He was quoting poems that he had written for us the whole way. At one point, I think Dave was about to jump out of the cab. You should hear the perfect impersonation he does of the man!
So we went up to the lighthouse, took some pictures, and came back into town. Wait till you see the pictures of the view. It really was incredible.
We had him drop us by all of the high-rise hotels for more touirsty (not a word...but you know what I mean) stuff. We did some shopping and playing before taking the bus back to our resort. We spent several hours on the beach and then had a nice lunch at our resort.
At 4:00 we went to play golf at The Links at Divi. The course was beautiful (at least from the golf cart it looked that way). Dave had a bit of a struggle with the crazy winds today... but I am really glad he played. It was very peaceful for both of us. We took the bus back here, stopped by the hotel bar, and are currently contemplating our next move.
Tomorrow we are doing the jet skis and snorkeling off "The Jolly Pirate Ship".
More to come later...
No comments:
Post a Comment