Friday, July 11, 2008

Aruba - Day 7

This morning we got up and headed back over to the casino for their breakfast buffet.  I am still covered in whatever this rash is...and have done something to my neck that has pretty much left me unable to turn my head to the left.  I know...I'm pretty sad!  We went back to our room and tried to kinda clean things up since we are leaving tomorrow.  I have been a pretty sleepy girl, thanks to all of the benadryl...but we decided to give it a shot and try to go to the pool for a while.

Even though I knew I would regret it later...it was really nice to just lay by the pool for a while.  Dave brought one of his golf magazines down...and I just enjoyed being out in the sun and not in the room.  We were out about an hour and a half (just long enough for him to get burnt...and me to irritate whatever skin thing I have going on).

So on to tonight...because it was so perfect.  Our friends Crystal and Brad had recently been to Aruba and had told us about the restaraunt The Flying Fishbone.  So we made sure to have sunset reservations at 6:00 on our last night in Aruba.  So we shower up and go out front to catch a cab...leaving us a few minutes to get there.  The cab driver takes one look at Dave when he tells him where we are heading and asks if he knows it is a 30 minute ride.  Well, we were a little late...but the cab driver used his cell to call ahead and tell them to hold the table.

Speaking of the cab driver, WOW!  We sure know how to pickem.  He asked if we were on our honeymoon and we told him that we were.  Then he spent the whole 30 minute drive telling us how much he hates women.  He went on and on about how you think you will be happy...but then you cannot see the future...and you are not happy.  Then he actually started to tell us the story of his third wife and how her psychic told her that he was cheating on her...so she went into the bedroom and stabbed him twice while he slept.  I know!!!  What a story for honeymooners.

So we get to this place and it reminded me of something out of a movie.  They walk us down to a table that is right on the shore.  When we sat down, our feet were resting in the water.  The view was incredible...you could see the sun setting and the night is perfect.  It was by far the most romantic thing I have ever experienced.  There was a man walking around the tables and playing the saxophone...the breeze was perfect...it was all perfect.  So there I sat with my incredible husband, my true soulmate, this man that sometimes I still cannot believe that God blessed me with, holding hands, and looking out at the ocean.  It was the perfect ending to our perfect honeymoon.

Just a quick note: the dinner was really great too...and I am so proud of me.  If you know me, you know that I get one thing when eating seafood...lobster (unless crawfish are available).  Well Dave and I did share the most awesome lobster bisque ever!!!  But then I ordered baracuda.  That's right!!  Baracuda!  And I actually kinda liked it.  But Dave ordered Grouper...and I liked his better than mine...so we shared them both.

Tomorrow we check out at noon and our flight leaves at 4:00...I cannot wait to get home!!!  It's sad, I know, but I can't wait to see our sweet little kitties...and how much they have grown!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so many great stories to tell your kids someday...sorry about the rash, I hope its better! (you might want to get the spray on benedryl when you get back and its cheaper and you wont get sleepy.) We are excited to see your pictures!!! Hope you had a good trip home and a wonderful reunion with the kitties! ~~ Darlene and fam.

JipPil, Jon Lynas, Lynas, Jonathan, NotAfraid...I have a lot of names. said...

What an awesome time. I want that feet in the water sunset experience too! Luuuucckkkkyyyyy!!!