Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We got up Saturday morning and packed all of our bags before heading to breakfast.  Then we checked out and had a little time to kill before heading to the airport, so we walked back over to the casino.   We played penny slots for about 30 minutes...until Big Dave won $4...(we didn't want to push our luck so we cashed out)!!!

The airport was absolutely crazy and for some reason the air was not on.   Of course we were thrilled when we realized we were behind a couple who had 2 carry-ons and had obviously never flown before.  This man was trying to get through security with a huge jug of water and about 3000 different tubes of shampoo, shaving cream, and every other liquid there is.  Needless to say, it took a few extra minutes.

Our flight left Aruba right about 4:00.  Even though I am in major pain and itchiness...the flight was better than I thought it would be, especially since we were the only two in our aisle.   Dave had bought a new travel dvd player so we could just bring and watch our own movies on the plane.  So that made the time go fast.   We watched Reservation Road...a really thought provoking movie...and it really kept our attention.   We got into Houston at about 8:00 and then flew out an hour later...putting us home at about 10:30.

We woke up this morning to see that this rash is only getting worse...and my neck will barely move. Dave went and picked up breakfast (and the Dr. Pepper that I have been craving for a week).  I called Care Now to get an appointment and by the time Dave walked in the door, we got a call to head up there.   The doctor gave me muscle relaxers for my muscle spasms...and a steriod shot and cream for my rash...which he said is definitely some kind of allergic reaction to something I came in contact with.   It's been about 8 hours... and no progress yet, but I'm hopeful that a good night's sleep will help.

Being gone has made us both realize how much we love our home and the area that we live in.   We are looking forward to a few days at home before heading to South Dakota for the BIG family reunion.  Dave's mom is one of seventeen kids...and they all get together every three years...cousins, kids, and spouses included.   There will be a golf tournament, a talent show (in which Dave and I are required to perform since we are newlyweds), a pinochle tournament, a campfire, lots of eating and fellowship, a church service, and a baby dedication.   Although I have met most of the family, there are still a few that I am looking forward to meeting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! you 2 know how to have a great time even when things go a little off course. We are happy you are home safely and hoping the meds help with the pain and itching. I am sure its no surprise that your new hubby took such wonderful care of his bride...you 2 are so great together!
love the pictures!!!!!
The Jules'