Friday, July 11, 2008

Aruba - Day 6

Yesterday was an amazing day.  However, as the evening progressed, I started feeling a little funny and a lotta itchy.  So I took a warm bath hoping that it would help.  It didn't!  As soon as I got out, I realized that my legs and arms had bumps all over them and I could not stop scratching!!!  It was pretty late and everything was closed.  So I called the front desk and asked if they have any benadryl.  The guy said that I could come get some...so I sent my wonderful hubby.  Well in walks David with a little bitty cup with cream in it (NOT what I had in mind).  So needless to say, the night was miserable.

So this morning when I woke up I went immediately down to the little store to get some benadryl.  $16 dollars for a little pack...but I would have paid $100.  I went back to the room, took 2 pills, and managed to stay awake and spend a little time with David for about 15 minutes.  Then I fell asleep and woke up about 4 hours later.  Luckily, Dave was really worn out from the day before and did not mind staying in the room and watching the Burn Notice marathon on television.  We ordered a pizza from the little snack bar by the pool and hung out in the room for most of the day.  After it got dark, we went out to get in the pool, but there was some lightning in the distance, so they closed it down for a while.  We walked over to the beach and sat in some chairs, with our feet in the water, watching the clouds and the waves come in.  It was so beautiful...and there was a little bar in the distance that was playing some music...turned out to be pretty romantic, except for the rash that is covering me!  Neither of us really wanted to go to the room, so we walked over to a casino by our resort and spent some time there.  Dave was kicking butt at his card game...and I love penny slots!!!

We are both loving being away from everything, but we agreed on our way back to the resort, that we are really ready to come home.

No comments: